julieheartsbooks

Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

Family

Family - Micol Ostow This wasn't quite what I thought it would be.I didn't really realize it would be in verse, so that kind of threw me off. Then it would sometimes be in the past, sometimes in the present, which could also be jarring. The verse itself was interesting, just took some getting used to.The story was interesting. Cults like this and the Manson Family murders fascinate me, so I was really interested. It wasn't an easy read, but I was definitely interested and excited to read it. I even remember reading it while either going to visit or leaving my grandma's house. Maybe cults that murder and my grandma shouldn't go together though.I really liked Melinda, and oddly enough, I kinda liked Henry. I'm not totally sure why, but maybe that's just bonus points to Micol that I could like someone like Henry.It's not an easy read. It's not a light read. But it's interesting and it makes you think and it's entertaining if you're into that kind of thing. If you're not sure, there's no reason not to give it a try.