julieheartsbooks

Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

Enthusiasm

Enthusiasm - Polly Shulman Lemme just say, I am biased.1.) This is a Pride and Prejudice retelling. Duh.2.) This girl's name is Julie. *looks at bottom of post*3.) Julie loves Pride and Prejudice. A lot. As does Ashleigh. *examines self*4.) This story takes place across a river from where I live. Not even exaggerating. It's one county over.But really, this was an adorable read. I loved how it wasn't just Pride and Prejudice, there was also an element of my favorite Shakespeare play, A Midsummer Night's Dream. Some people were just a tad confused about who they should be with (*cough*ASHLEIGH*cough*). So we're mixing Midsummer's and Pride and Prejudice and THIS Julie is really happy.Story Julie was fun and entertaining and she kind of reminded me a lot of myself, except better. And I look more like Ashleigh than Julie. I also LOVED our Darcy and Bingley. Especially the Darcy. And the Bingley. ...Yeah, I went there.This was just a fun, entertaining read about Pride and Prejudice and teenagers and love and boarding schools and balls (get your mind out of the gutter, you!). Do not let the Stephenie Meyer blurb dissuade you. I loved this book. A lot. Go get it.