julieheartsbooks

Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

How to Ruin a Summer Vacation

How to Ruin a Summer Vacation - Simone Elkeles Part of me worried that this would be ridiculously shallow and silly and I'd hate it, but not even close. Not. Even. Close. Instead I found myself craving the next books but unable to order them and now that I can, I worry I'll drop everything to read them.Amy isn't quite as shallow as she seems, but she's pretty close. The growth she experiences in How to Ruin a Summer Vacation is incredible and she still has so much more potential. I grew to love Amy and I want to adopt her as my honorary best friend because if she was my actual best friend, my real best friends would probably hurt me.It took a while for me to come to love Amy's new friends and her love interest, but it was meant to be that way. I learned a lot about the cultural differences and how that effects the way we view each other. It was this huge source of tension between Amy and those her age in Israel and it was a hurdle they all had to go over together. By the end, I loved all of them, though.But this story?