julieheartsbooks

Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

Putting Makeup on Dead People

Putting Makeup on Dead People - Jen Violi So this is a book.It's a book about life and death and grief and love and how you cope with all of it. It's a book about doing what makes you happy, no matter what the consequences might be. It's a book that the cover wouldn't make you think it is.Donna grew a lot in the story. She developed who she was and what she wanted with her life. She was determined and strong willed and passionate about this. And she learned how to grieve. She had a hard time dealing with that but her discoveries helped her with that.All of the characters involved in Donna's life helped her learn what she needed, and I really liked that. I appreciate having every character and every action reflect on the character's development. Everything's relevant, which is especially important in shorter books.This book was sad in an almost happy way. It was a book I took my time on, reading slowly but surely. It's a book I needed to digest and think about.Overall, this is a book you need to be in the right place to read. It's a book that's very complicated and intriguing and thought provoking. I liked it, not as much as I wanted to, but enough to get me interested in Jen's future books.