julieheartsbooks

Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins I think...maybe, I prefer Lola to Anna.Lemme explain. Lola was wonderfully quirky and sweet and naive. She reminded me of my friends and a little bit of myself. Artsy and smart and unique with a bit of rebellion. I love Lola and I love her best friend and I love her dads and I love the fact that Anna and St. Clair were back and played bigger roles than I thought they would.Cricket was another amazing character. He was, like St. Clair, not just a simple boy. He was complicated and silly and a genius and almost as quirky as Lola. Cricket was just absolutely adorable and wonderful and can I have him please?Stephanie Perkins said Lola was a REALLY difficult book for her to write, so can I give her a round of applause? The writing was fantastic. I spent my day when I should've been cleaning, reading. It was a one day, two sitting read. And I just want to erase it from my memory and read it all over again. I also loved the subtle hints about Isla and the Happily Ever After. Not so subtle you'd definitely miss it (obviously), but enough that you CAN miss it if you aren't wondering.The story was exactly what I was looking for. I want more stories like this, where it's a boy who's a friend and he really likes her and the problem isn't life threatening. Adorable little romances with a deeper undertone.I deeply, truly loved this book and I cannot wait to see what Perkins has for us in the future.