julieheartsbooks

Romeo Redeemed
Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2)

Hallowed (Unearthly Series #2) - How do I explain how I felt about Hallowed?I didn't LOVE it the way I loved the last book. There was a lot going on, but it wasn't like WOAH THINGS, it was just many medium-sized events adding together. It wasn't slow, but it wasn't this major page turner either. It was well written and interesting enough to keep me reading even though it wasn't the type of book I was in the mood for at the time.I still like the characters, though Clara's brother irritated me through most of the book. For the most part, they were true to their personalities in the first book, which doesn't always happen in sequels. And, in a remarkable change of events, I went from being Team Tucker to Undecided. These medium-sized events added up in ways that made me almost like Christian more than Tucker. Almost.Honestly, I just wanted to like this book more than I did. I wanted to love it and fall utterly in love like I did with Unearthly and it just didn't happen. I'll probably still pick up book 3, but this book was iffy for me. Though, I wasn't in the mood for paranormal at the time, so that might've played into it a lot. For some of you, this may be the perfect sequel. For others, it might not tickle your fancy. But it's definitely one to give a try if you enjoyed Unearthly.