julieheartsbooks

Stacey Jay
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling

Before I Fall

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver A lot of people I really respect raved about this book but...ehh. Maybe it was all the hype, but Before I Fall just didn't stick with me. Samantha was obviously very irritating at first. I didn't like her. As the story went on, I started to like her more, but first impressions, guys. Sometimes we just can't get past them, you know?The story itself was pretty interesting. I know there are books like this out there, but I'd never read one before. So to me, it was different. I liked seeing how each new scenario affected Samantha and her life and it did make me think for a little bit about every action we do and how it changes things.And it was really well written. I can never deny that Lauren Oliver really is a fantastic writer. I've read all but one of her currently released books and she's honestly an incredible author who certainly deserves to be widely published and loved.But honestly, Before I Fall isn't my kind of book. It may have had some impact when I read it months ago, but now I can barely remember reading it and only have a vague idea of everything that happens in the story. It was just...a book that I read earlier this year. And that's all, honestly. Many people loved this book. They hardcore fangirl and push this book. I'm just not one of those readers. I enjoyed it while I read it, but it was just one of those "meh" books for me.